- Photos from Beaumanor Hall 18th April 2018
- St. George's Day Special Lunch Menu - Monday 23rd April 2018 11th April 2018
- St. Peter's children come Runners-up in 'Name the Gritter' competition 19th January 2018
Welcome to Class 6!
What a pleasure it is to welcome you all to our Class 6 webpage. Here, you will find plenty of useful information regarding the exciting learning taking place this year. The webpage is updated regularly, so please remember to visit it often.
Spring Term Information
Welcome back! Spring term is a very busy period of the year for Class 6. We are working extremely hard so as to prepare ourselves for the challenges of SATS. Below is a list of bullet points containing useful information regarding this important term.
- KS2 SATS week commences on Monday 14th May and will finish on Thursday 17th May.
- Children will be sent home additional English and Numeracy homework tasks on a weekly basis. Although these tasks are optional, we politely request that children aim to complete these as much as possible. These tasks are differentiated and will better prepare them for SATS.
- We are closely monitoring how regularly and how much children are reading at home. Please ensure that your child is reading a wide variety of Literature regularly.
-Our class assembly is on Friday 19th January. All are welcome to attend.
- P.E will take place on Thursday afternoons. Please ensure your child has their P.E kit in school on these days.
-It is really important that children stay hydrated throughout the school day, and it would be very beneficial for children to have their water bottles available every day.
-This year, it will not be necessary for children to bring pencil cases to school. They will have all equipment needed available to them in school.
-Last year, we were extremely pleased of the high level of homework we received every week from the children. We know that this was partly thanks to the fantastic support parents and guardians have given to their children, and it is greatly appreciated.
-Homework is handed out every Friday and collected in the following Wednesday.
-We love reading and encourage children to read as much as possible as it has a profound impact on their learning. Children will still receive a reading target which they have one week to complete. This will be checked by a member of staff in our weekly reading lessons.
-Children will also be required to complete a mental maths activity such as J2E blast, spellings, and a maths challenge which relates to the learning they have been doing in school.
-If your child does not understand any of the homework they have been set. a member of the Class 6 team will gladly help them complete it as long as they have been made aware of this by Monday.
Helpful Websites and Documents
Below, you will find many links and resources which you may find useful to aid your child's education and learning.