Welcome to Year 1!
Your child will be taught by Mrs Quinn, Mrs Young, Mrs Sparkes and Mrs Smith.
Important and Useful Information
- Book bags - must be sent in every day. Please keep your child's reading books and reading record in their book bag as an adult will read with them in school each week. We shall record this in the reading record.
- PE- Mr Burgess will be teaching PE . PE will take place on Mondays and Tuesdays. Please make sure your child is wearing appropriate school PE kit as specified in Mrs White's latest letter (23.8.21).
- Homework - Homework will be built up gradually during the first half term. By the end of this half term, it will consist of spellings, a reading expectation of 5 times each week and a Maths or Literacy activity. Your child will receive a homework book in which to complete any written tasks given. Your child will be rewarded with dojos for completing all elements of their homework.
- Reading - we would expect children to be reading with an adult at home 5 times each week. Please record this in their reading record. Children will receive awards upon reaching certain milestones.
- Spelling lists will be sent home in little red spelling books. Your child will be given a week to practise their spellings at home ready for our spelling test the following week. They will do their test in the back of this book, which will be marked and sent home the following day with their new words, so you can see how well they have done,
- Maths and Literacy tasks that we set for your child will be appropriate for their ability in that particular topic. The content will follow on from what your child has been learning in the classroom.